Saturday, September 27, 2008

STEP OUT!!!!!!






This weekend my family and I participated in STEP OUT: Walk to Fight Diabetes. It was me and Matt, my parents and all of my sisters and 3 of their spouses(the others had to watch kiddos!). It started at Heritage Park and ended at Hogle Zoo. I was bummed because we got free entry into the Zoo! Had I known this, I would have brought my kids. Next year! It was a really fun time though. For me anyway!! I love my family SO much. They are so loving and soooo supportive of me. I don't know what I did to be so blessed!! We raised a lot of money though that went to the ADA and hopefully with that meds and treatments will get better from here on out for us with the big D! Our team name was "Invincible". Hopefully with the loving support of my family and some dedication on my part I can be Invincible to this disease and stay on top of it until I am 99!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you Jodie! This is really a wonderful thing. You look great! You are very blessed to have such a supportive family.

~*Dasha*~ said...

Super COOL Jodie!!! You Rock!!!!

The Moores said...

You have such a great family!! Good for your girly!!

Wendy said...

that is so neat that you could all do that together. what a neat way to raise money for a good cause and spend time together. if i am in utah next fall i want to "step out" too!

Nikki said...

Jodie
Yeah another blogger! How'd you find me, now we just need to get Ann doing one. Your kids have gotten so big, and I've never seen your daughter. They're all so cute!!!

The Calder's said...

I am so proud of you!! Way to get people involved! Seeing all of your sisters makes me miss all of mine!! There is nothing better then family!!

Becky said...

Great pictures! What an awesome cause :) I tagged you so check out my blog to see what you have to do :)

Jamie said...

That is awesome Jodie! & I must say-you look extra babish!! Hope you are doing well!