Tuesday, November 25, 2008
I Totally Caved......
Okay...so I totally caved! We usually don't put up our Christmas stuff until the day after Thanksgiving. I just have issues with skipping right over Thanksgiving. But...since many other people have their Christmas stuff up, my boys have been relentless at asking to put up our Christmas stuff. I finally caved after Bryton said to me yesterday "Mom! We're the only lame ones that don't have our Christmas stuff up! It's the holidays!". So I told them we could at least put up our Christmas tree, but the rest would have to wait until Friday. So last night for fhe we put up the tree and hung our homemade decorations from last year. I refuse to buy nice ornaments that will just be torn down and broken. Some day....some day. For now, to others, this looks like a sad, miserable tree. But to us it is fabulous and full of funny memories! The kids had a blast and Bentley kept freaking out saying "Mom! This is freaking awesome!". So...caving was worth it.:)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sorry...it's probably our fault. You know, I live with the holiday cheer meister! We usually put our stuff up in the middle of November, but we held off until Sunday. But, at least we weren't the first ones to turn on our lights this year!
I caved this year too and I've really loved it! We have just combined Christmas and Thanksgiving. It's been fun! I love your tree! Kid trees are the best. They have the most memories. Your kids are so funny. I love the quotes.
I caved too!!!
oh great...now you made us the losers that don't have our stuff up. Thanks a lot Jod, for making me look bad, yet again! :)
I too caved! But, it's so fun. Love your tree...the kids are so cute. And you are sooo skinny. Lucky...gosh.
it is practically impossible not to cave once the incessant begging begins. by the way jodie- you are looking fabulous!
Post a Comment